Saturday, March 5, 2011

Talk About Bountiful!

So, we occasionally participate in Bountiful Baskets, and in the past it was cool, but never THIS cool!!

Ok, going left to right, because that's how I roll:
1 bokchoy
1 nappa cabbage
several snow peas
1 hunk of fresh ginger
1 bundle of green onions
1 thingy (bulb?) of garlic
1 bunch of basil
6 tomatoes
3 winter squash
1 heaping bag of green beans
7 bananas
1 pineapple
5 regular apples
9 oranges
1 bag of new potatoes
3 Guatemalan mangos
1 acorn squash
3 turnips
and up front, 4 loaves of 9-grain bread*

*not pictured are 1 loaf of 9-grain bread and a bunch of "real" spinach (none of that baby stuff) - they were given to my SIL, Hamlie.

This was an awesome haul!  Now, admittedly, I don't think we'll do the bread thing again.  It was a bit on the pricey side for my taste (course, I haven't actually tasted it yet. I might change my tune), but for the price we paid, this was super awesome!  And totally worth the drive + temporarily getting lost in a suburban area I've never been to because we (me, Hamlie, and Pam'lepuff) were all excitedly talking and not paying attention.  After that we got out fine.

If anyone is suffering from scurvy... Let me know;  I's got the hook ups.

ps - I figured out how to upload pics! Email them to myself! Yay! In celebration, enjoy this bagpiper from the Las Vegas Strip.  With a TIE fighter pilot in the background.

As they say in New Orleans: Bayou!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, looks fantastic!

    And I tried to find you in church today because a) we STILL need to hang out and b) I wanted to ask you how you became part of something so awesome but you *weren't there*/you were hiding. :D

    ReplyDelete