Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Should Totally Post A Picture With This...

But I don't feel like getting dressed to do so.
That's right, kids! Happy 2 am! I'm sitting here sleepless and in my PJ's wondering how on earth I can be so close to my delivery date?! After all this time, it really approaches.
Kids, I seriously don't remember what it was like to not have a moderately sized watermelon in my pants. I'm kind of excited to find out.
Pooh and I went to our chiropractic appointment(s) today and when we were scheduling for next time, realized that his next visit will be our Rodrigo's due date. So we all agreed that particular appointment would be tentative. Even though Pooh's still gunning for this Saturday.
He did the math: if I have the baby this weekend, he gets 17 consecutive days off of school while only having to take 7 sick days. Of course, when he started this explanation with "it'd really be great for me if you could have the baby on the night of the 23rd because..." I pretty much tuned him out. It was all in jest, of course (as definitely evidenced by the request for a 3 hour labor), but I wasn't going to listen seriously, anyway. Just in case my hormones got the better of me and decided to make my mouth retaliate without consulting my brain OR my heart.
Is it weird that I'm starting to get more excited to see family than to go through the pains of labor and getting this kid out? Maybe it's also related to the inability to remember life before parasitic infection? A parasite that I will love and adore, of course, but seriously, he's making me eat just about everything in sight. And overstaying his welcome...

1 comment:

  1. hehehe those sleepless 2am's will be no stranger to ya! :) Soon you'll have baby in arms and family around!!! GOOD luck! (and hope all goes "as planned" by your hubby...hehe)

    ReplyDelete