Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wednesday Night

Yesterday was an intense day. I'm gonna try to keep it short, but, it's me.
Pick up McKenna and Calvin at 9am and head off to the airport to pick up Natalie. She went into the MTC yesterday, and I was lucky enough to drive her around for her last errands, lunch, and the final drop-off. 
Well, things got a bit complicated when I locked my keys in the trunk of my car after loading up her luggage (I swear this kid is stealing every last brain cell in my head).
I called Pooh hoping to catch him on his lunch break. No dice. McKenna found an emergency phone which we used and got transferred around before being told someone would be out to give us the number for a locksmith. 
30 minutes later, still no one. It was FREEZING outside.
Went over to SkyCap and asked the guy there if he knew any numbers. We had to wait while he helped an actual customer. He said that we should use the phone and ask for a cop to pop the car. 
We found the cop and he said he couldn't do it because of airport liability issues.
Finally got someone on the phone who gave me locksmith numbers and the guy was out in 30 minutes.
In the meantime, Natalie had called ahead to report her impending tardiness and was informed that she should just arrive safely and preferably that day.
So, on to lunch! Zupas and more food than I've eaten in one sitting since Thanksgiving. Yum!
Errands were done and Natalie taken to the MTC (only 1 1/2 hours late!). 
Since I was already out and about I hit up Old Navy's maternity section. Disappointingly small for our area, but I managed to come away with some great stuff.
Met up with Pooh at WinCo (it's been so long and I love that store!) and managed to walk out after only $10.
THEN we met up with Megan, Kevin, and Virginia for the university's production of White Christmas. SO! GOOD!
I was grinning the entire time. So funny, so well acted, choreographed, sung... Just a great play. Different from the movie, too, so it was a nice.
Overall, nearly 2 hours of standing in the cold stressed out and being up and about with no nap and then up way past bedtime = No Movement Thursday.
I'm not doing a blessed thing. And it's beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. My husband did the sound support for White Christmas! He was there sitting up in the booths at the back of the audience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Then he was literally RIGHT BEHIND US! He probably saw me and heard that one time when I was the only one laughing.
    Ok, maybe more than once...

    ReplyDelete