Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quickie

This is gonna be short (or a collection of short thoughts) because I REALLY need to run out and get some errands done and this morning just took WAY too long.


My hair isn't always my best friend, but now it's like it's trying to be my worst enemy. Well, my cowlick is. I'd finally decided to come to terms with it and embrace it as part of me earlier this year. Then I got pregnant and thought "hey! Perfect timing. I didn't want to have bangs while I was pregnant anyway." (Don't ask) But now, instead of the moderately attractive swoop they do, they're swooping back away from my forehead like they've got something against being anything remotely close in proximity to my face.


My belly keeps getting bigger. It's kind of awesome. Mostly because now it's pretty obvious even at first glance that I'm pregnant. Though I tend to think that if I hadn't been overweight to begin with, I might still be looking tubby at this point. I just feel like that extra insulation I'm carrying is helping in the visuals department, y'know?


Speaking of, I've gone down a pant size, while working my way up to roughly 190lbs. I think, anyway. Last time I checked (when I went to the doctor about my sinus infection) I was this close to 190, so I figure - with how I eat lately - that I'm pretty well over by now. Which is good. My OBGYN was VERY insistent that I start gaining weight, especially more consistently.
But anyway, I know about the pant size because I happened to be wearing my Old Navy jeans from pre-pregnancy when Pooh took me shopping with a Groupon for maternity stuff (because I only have one pair of preggo-pants), and the jeans I ended up fitting were 12s when I had been wearing 14s (and that was AFTER some significant weight loss!). It was a happy discovery.


I'm excited and nervous for Christmas in Cali. It'll be nice weather, we'll miss the snow, but that's ok. I'm not terribly used to snow at Christmas, anyway. I AM however wary of the warmth. I've become somewhat adapted to the whole 65 degrees inside being 20-50 degrees warmer than outside. I don't know how I'll handle it being roughly 60 degrees outside in my condition.


Caffeine affects Piglet. A LOT. Within 30 minutes he's squirming away at my insides like there're ants in my uterus. When I discovered this, I kinda decided to not drink Dr. Pepper anymore. Especially when the effect on Piglet, in concert with me staying up past midnight, made for an unpleasant following morning. My mom will read this and think "finally!", and it has been a long time coming. My sisters will probably smile in a polite but smug way, or chuckle, and maybe text me and say "welcome to the club" or something like that. The mission was the only time I'd ever been off caffeine for any decent amount of time (and sugar, for that matter), and it wasn't so bad then. I should get off the drugs before this kid is born so I won't be as tempted later. Not that I've been drinking it a lot. On the contrary, I only have a few sips when I DO have it. It'd just be best to be off it entirely.


Enough ranting. Get on with your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment