Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year!

Ironically, my midnight kiss came after a blessing. At least, I think it was midnight. 
I'd been feeling really out of sorts the past few days. Not sleeping, back hurting, not inclined to eat, body not regulating its own temperature, that sort of stuff. And being preggers, I knew I wasn't going to actually try to stay up to midnight. That happened all on its own, what with one thing and another. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and begged Pooh for a blessing (turns out I didn't need to beg, but pretty much any request I made at that point felt more or less like begging since I could barely walk by myself).


I just want to take this moment to testify of God's love for His children. He is truly mindful of us and I am so grateful for the gift of the priesthood. The effect was so immediate it almost felt like the Lord (in His kind and joking way that I imagine Him to possess) was saying "if you'd have asked sooner, you wouldn't have had to go through all that, silly girl."
I successfully slept a whole hour before waking, then at least another hour and a half. I'm darn near blissful right now!


Yes, I know, I'm up now. But I attribute that to pregnancy insomnia and a bladder with delusions of grandeur. 
Way to ring in the New Year, right? 
PS -  A short intro to the Christmas update (Coming Soon!), the in-laws have temporarily dubbed Piglet - drumroll please - Rodrigo! While not an option for his actual name, it stuck rather well as a temporary nickname. So, Rodrigo has not seemed to suffer at all, unless all this frantic movement has been his objections to not having an eating/sleeping host.
Who knows? Maybe we'll ask him in April.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you had such an awful night,so thankful the Lord was there through a blessing, so laughing at the name Rodrigo, and so sending love and hugs to your new year!

    ReplyDelete