Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Long Way To Say "It's Been A Great Holiday Weekend!"

So little Pooh is now consistently movin' and groovin' to whatever strikes his fancy.  Big Pooh had tried in vain several times over the last few weeks to feel him. I told him they were playing hide and seek.
Finally, Pooh felt him. And boy was it a big one! I think he did a twisting somersault to finally prove to Daddy that he's really there.
I haven't felt him move like that since, and that's ok. We'll stick to the random kicks and punches and... whatever it is he's doing in there, for now.


In other news, Thanksgiving has come and gone and it was really fun this year. I was dog sitting, so I didn't get much sleeping in, but he's a big beautiful boy and I didn't mind. I will be grateful, however, for tomorrow morning when I can sleep as long as I dang well feel like it!
Mikey came into town and that was fun. We felt bad about not having much planned, but this IS Provo. During a holiday. In Provo. So yeah.
Thanksgiving dinner was at Aunt Marilyn's and then dessert and Bai and Spenson came over for the sweetness.
For Black Friday, Julie and I ventured out in the mid-afternoon for shirts, then later took Mikey back to the airport. I went home and took a bath and ate some $5 pizza after putting the dog away for the night. It was quite relaxing.
Yesterday was the Muppet Movie!! Yay!!! I love the Muppets. And I had forgotten that a friend's brother was in it, so when his name popped up in the credits I was so excited! It really was a better movie than I had been expecting ("I don't know, Jason Segel writing a Muppet Movie?"), and the Megan kept teasing me when I'd start to cry. I'm pregnant, ok? And the trailer for Big Miracle really got me started, so I was primed for any touching scene throughout the movie. Especially the end. I'm just glad Pooh was there to cuddle with when it got to be too much.

1 comment: