Sunday, November 20, 2011

In Other News:

On our way home last night from a delightful (if long, sorry Bai) evening with my sister and brother-in-law, we encountered a young buck meandering down the street.  I was so exhausted, but the sight of the deer less than 3 feet from our car freaked me out enough to stay awake clear to Thanksgiving Point.  After that, however, I was in and out of blissful consciousness.
Thanks to the extensive amounts of construction on our little stretch of freeway, many changes frequently - well, change. You never know from one hour to the next how many lanes there will be, which exits and on-ramps are open, how long you'll be in your own little lane before merging/exiting, etc.  In one such situation we found ourselves as Pooh went to exit and it had apparently been shortened.  His sudden braking woke me up, and he was alerted by my sudden "Why? What? Aaaah!"
I really thought we were about to hit that blasted deer.
The memory still makes me chuckle at the strangest times.

No comments:

Post a Comment