Friday, October 28, 2011

Epicness


First of all, you HAVE to watch this!! I'm so flippin' excited!!

Second, I was reading a comic that was about being socially awkward and it went something like this:
Go to say 'goodbye' on the phone, say 'I love you' instead.
It reminded me of 4th grade. I had procrastinated (surprise, surprise) a project that was due Monday. It was Saturday afternoon. To make sure I didn't mess around, Mom put me at the kitchen table where she would keep an eye on me when she'd periodically pass by.
Of course I was sitting there miserably staring at my work wishing it'd just go away, when the phone rang. I hopped up and grabbed it before my Mom could get to it, eager to have an excuse to not sit there staring at my failure.
Instead of 'hello?' I said 'dear Heavenly Father?'
Mom didn't hear. The person calling to talk to Mom didn't hear. But I didn't know that.
I turned bright red and sat myself back down in my spot and waited for Mom to get off the phone. She peeked in on me and I apologized, much to her confusion. I confessed my error, and she laughed (because she's cool like that) and said 'project going that badly, huh?' and walked away. 
Laughing.
I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment