Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Super-Duper Exciting News!

That's right, world. Hold on to your hats! Roo and Pooh are reproducing!! Soon, Roo will turn into Kanga (maybe. I'm still thinking about it.) and we'll have to somehow fit a very demanding Little into the family.


So, the happy backstory is that the last time I was pregnant, the first doctor's appointment happened to be the first day of my miscarriage.  I know, not really happy, but bear with me.  So yesterday was my first doctor's appointment and because of what happened last time, I'd been diligently freaking myself out for weeks.  I explained to the doctor and she agreed that if we couldn't hear the heartbeat then we'd bust out the big guns and ultrasound that baby.  


We heard it.  It took a while (I'm not terribly far along, and let's face it, there's quite a bit of fat to work through), but then there it was!  Easily 2-3 times faster than my own pulse (which we found in the process), and a distinctively breezy "whoomp whoomp whoomp" sound.


So awesome! We're so happy and can't wait to find out what it'll be (no, I'm not waiting. This is my first and I'm not that patient). 
In short: Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment