Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby Update #1

Well, as I enter the second trimester I have a little more time to reflect on things.  Like how ironic it is that it took getting pregnant to start losing weight.  Not enough to be concerned about, but enough to make me wonder if this'll help get rid of the baby weight once Critter/Tiny/Little (still working on a nickname since Smalls took Squishy) is outta here.
I'm feeling better to a degree, but more tired.  I think it's the "not enough blood for two yet" that tires me out and makes me dizzy.  I'm glad I'd read about it before it hit or I might've gotten nervous.
Pooh had a dream a few weeks ago that he came home to find our teeny apartment "infested" with (2) puppies.  Upon questioning I replied that there was another one around somewhere.  His aunt interpreted it to mean we were having triplets.  Heaven forbid!
No, I'm pretty darn confident there's only one in here.  I would surely be bigger than I am now if there were more...  Surely.
In two weeks I should have my first ultrasound, and a month after that we should know what Critter/Tiny/Little is.  There's quite a war going on about whether I'm having a boy or girl.  My sister-in-law puts it all in perspective when she reminds me it could be an alien.  Knowing Pooh, that's a definite possibility.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still so happy for you two! And never fear about the tired thing--I was sleeping 12-13 hours my first tri-mester, which isn't that unheard of (but definitely hard to do if you're in classes/working). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete