Sunday, January 23, 2011

Train of Thought, Pulling In!

All aboard!


I call winter the "season of two showers" because I like to be warm before I hop into bed.  So as I climbed into the shower tonight, I noticed that my toes were blue.  That's not altogether uncommon, but it got me thinking:  Surely there's a better way?  I mean, I love a hot shower or bath, but in both cases I get all wet and then climb out and try to towel dry as I shiver.  It is still winter, after all.  


For some reason this brought to mind a funny little cartoon character that had big feet and he'd soak them at night.  I distinctly remembered that and the fact that there was snow on the ground.  He was a hard worker, though, so it might not have been solely due to cold.  I thought that'd be quite efficient since it's only my feet getting wet, there's less water and energy used to get it ready, and I've been amazed at how warming up the toes can actually warm up the body.  Win-win.  


But then I struggled to remember what the show was, and soon realized it was that Adam Sandler Hanukkah bit that flopped terribly.  I felt kind of bad for it, then remembered that - what little bits I saw - had a larger than usual concentration of potty humor, and I didn't pity it so much after that.  I thought, good family cartoons shouldn't have potty humor.


Then I remembered a treasured Christmas cartoon by Rankin/Bass entitled "The Night Before Christmas" and I seemed to remember a burp in there somewhere.  I felt a bit hypocritical.  Then the song "Even a Miracle Needs a Hand" started playing in my head.  And now it won't stop.


Last stop. Please watch your step while exiting the train. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. It may sound crazy but Spencer says that if your feet are cold you need to warm your head (but a beanie/hood on) and if your head is cold warm your feet (socks/slippers/heating pad). Give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete