Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Great Outdoors

No glorious pictures yet.  I really should figure out how to do that...  but we found out you can check out day passes to the state parks from the library!!  The passes are good for up to a week, you just go and reserve one for the day(s) you want and pick it up on your way out of town.  
Now, having said that, I expect that NO ONE will go to the city library and check out the pass for the week of the 16th in June.  GOT IT?!  Good.  Because I already did, but there's all this liability gobbledy gook that they have to say before you get it, like how they're not responsible if the last patron doesn't turn it in on time, etc, etc.  So I guess if you want to, you can, but you'd better turn it in on time!
Anyway, the reason for the pass is family reunion in Palisades State Park this year!  So close, it's gonna be great!  And I've kinda been in there before, years and years ago (Bai and Smalls will remember "off-roading" in the rented minivan... Muwahahaha!).  We're already planning a hike for the kidlets.  You can rent paddle boats and canoes, too!  I don't know if that'll factor in to the weekend activities, but it'd be super fun!  Haven't canoed since girls camp.  And I don't clearly remember the last paddle boat I was in... I was green and you steered with this weird handle thing in the middle... Yeah, that's all I've got.
So, June is already pretty much planned. Woot!  Now to get through the rest of January...

2 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion:
    Go have Steven request it for the week before. That way, no one actually takes it to not return it on time the week before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and pictures are easy. When you're writing your post there is a little box above the text box that looks like a little picture. Click it and follow the instructions.

    ReplyDelete