Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Final Countdown



I would say I couldn't resist, but who are we kidding? I was DYING to plug this one in!

My pregnancy update emails can't seem to agree (ever) and one is pretty much on track while the other thinks this baby is currently on its way out. After reading the "Congrats! You're 40 weeks" email, I just had to post this for y'all.

Let's see, I'm awake (again), experiencing some strange acrobatics, and congested like I'm back in the late first-early second trimester. I seriously thought her time had come earlier when I was up and she was doing - gosh, I don't know what this child was doing. But it was crazy, it was active, and it HURT! So I tested it out, moved around, walked, laid down, and then fell back asleep, so... yeah, false alarm. Again.

In the meantime, Tigger is showing us a whole new world of baby-proofing that needs to happen. He climbs and unloads with abandon, which is okay until it's my bookshelves (both the climbing and the unloading), so mothers with experience in this area, I invite you to not hold back. Advise me! He's flippin' adorable, though.



See?


Oh, and he loves water. Did I ever mention that?


Seriously, this kid loves getting into stuff.
He's got practically all his teeth, which means if you've got some PB&J smooshed on your finger that he wants, watch out! He'll get it, and you won't like it.

Let's see, what else is new...? Oh yes! We discovered that we not only have two peach trees in the backyard, but they're both white peaches. Quite disappointing to us both. Pooh was hoping for a bit more of a variety, and I was hoping for tasty yellow peaches.
Roo <-- not a fan of the white. 
Tigger does not care. It is fruit, and therefore it is delicious, and it is his. He may be willing to share his binky with Pooh (sometimes), but fruit is off-limits. In fact, the act of your eating fruit is in direct violation of every law of the universe. It is his fruit, not yours.
We believe this to be his opinion on all food, but that varies from day to day.

Well, I think that's it for me. Time to try for another hour and a half of sleep before the young slave master awakeneth.

No comments:

Post a Comment