Sunday, July 21, 2013

Still Hangin' In There

Or, at least, trying to. Here we are. Almost 3am the morning before my due date, and still no sign of this kid wanting out. I'm starting to think that my changing Tigger from "Piglet" and tentatively reserving it for this kid was an act of revelation, i.e. maybe she's just nervous ("Oh! D-d-d-d-dear!")?

Anywho, yesterday (Friday) was a very productive day! Our whole-house fan got installed and I'm running it as we speak, since it's finally below 75 degrees outside. I had swept the entire house in a fit of nesting earlier yesterday morning, only to remember about the impending installation as I was scooping up the last specks of dirt. Oh well. At least my house was totally clean for a few hours. And it made for fun times with Pooh and Tigger.

They spent SO MUCH TIME playing with that box! Pooh would stick his finger through the hole in the top and Tigger would climb up and try to capture it. The ensuing laughter on both sides was adorable.

Then we canned jam! We made three - count 'em three - tasty varieties, and I'm not telling you what they were because that would spoil Christmas for my family! But suffice it to say that they are dang tasty. I'm so grateful for the help I got from my mother- and sister-in-law, as I have never jammed before and would've totally botched it following Pinterest's advice. They also helped me stay mostly on top of the mess as it accrued...
Ah well. At least my house was totally clean for a few hours ;)

My current conundrum is how to get all these white peaches off my tree and into someone else's house?! There are so many, and I already have a freezer full! Will we have time for Pooh to do a decent harvest this morning? Will I last long enough to take them to church and announce in Relief Society that they are free game and there are plenty more where that came from, please come by? Do I want to "last" that long?! Will I be home for them to come collect?! So many questions!!

Another conundrum I ran across today was the loss of a particular little notebook in which I had planned out meals for the weeks I'd have family over. I had some old, some new, a shopping list, the whole shebang. And it's missing. So I tried to cobble together what I remembered (ha!) and only just now remembered a few I hadn't re-written. Oh well. Maybe I'll have time to run to the store for the extras on Monday... Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. Mail ALL the peaches to me. No joke. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll take some peaches! Send them with mom and dad on their way back.

    ReplyDelete